Laura Petherbridge serves couples and single adults with topics on spiritual growth, relationships, stepfamilies, co-parenting, single parenting, divorce prevention, and divorce recovery.
She is an international speaker and author of four books including, When “I Do” Becomes “I Don’t”—Practical Steps for Healing During Separation and Divorce, and The Smart Stepmom, co-authored with stepfamily expert Ron Deal and endorsed by Gary Chapman (Five Love Languages), 101Tips for The Smart Stepmom—Expert Advice from One Stepmom to Another and Quiet Moments for the Stepmom Soul-a devotional.
Laura has spoken at the Billy Graham Training Center, and for Lifeway, Family Life, Hearts at Home, and Iron Sharpens Iron conferences.
She has spoken in Australia and South Africa. Her various TV and radio broadcasts include:
- Family Talk with Dr. James Dobson
- Focus on the Family with Jim Daly
- Family Life Today with Dennis Rainey
- Moody Broadcasting (Midday Connection and Chris Fabry Live)
- 100 Huntley Street (Canada)
- HomeWord with Jim Burns
In addition to her books, she has been published in and writes for:
- Focus on the Family Magazine
- Today’s Christian Woman
- Christianity Today’s Marriage Partnership
- Crosswalk.com and Christian Broadcasting Network (cbn.com)
- Proverbs 31 Woman (Lisa Terkuerst)
- Lifeway’s Mature Living
Laura is a featured expert on the DivorceCare DVD series, which has equipped more than 14,000 churches worldwide.
Laura is a contributor to the following books:
- The Twenty-Third Psalm for the Brokenhearted by Carmen Leal
- When God Steps In by Bonnie Bruno
- Tending the Soul–90 Days of Spiritual Nourishment by Neff, Schmidt and Anita B Lustrea (Moody)
- The Art Of Helping—What to Say And Do When Someone is Hurting by Lauren Littauer Briggs
- Face-to-Face with Sarah, Rachel, and Hannah: Pleading with God Bible study by Janet Thompson
Laura and her husband of 30 years, Steve, reside in Florida.
Laura's Statement of Faith
I believe in the trinity. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
I believe that the Bible is God’s perfect, inerrant, inspired word.
I believe that we are saved by the grace of God alone and that we obtain that grace freely by confessing our sins and surrendering our will to Christ as Savior and Lord of our lives.
I believe that Jesus Christ is the only Son of God, that He was born of a virgin, that He died on a cross, was buried and resurrected and now sits at the right hand of God.
I believe that Christ’s gift of salvation, by dying on the cross for our sins, assures His followers of eternal life with him in Heaven. This life begins the moment they confess His name as their salvation.
Laura Petherbridge is a life coach, speaker and an author; she is not presenting herself as a professional therapist. She provides no diagnosis, therapy, counseling, treatment or mental care services. No promises regarding the outcome of life or relationships is given or implied. All decisions belong to the client. Those who visit her site, attend her events, or use her services, to the fullest extent permitted by law, release, indemnify, and hold harmless Laura Petherbridge, from any and all claims, obligations, demands, damages, judgments, costs, expense or liabilities of any nature, which may have or may ever have against her, arising out of the programs and services provided by Laura Petherbridge, including, without limitation, all liability with respect to injury, disability, death or loss of damage to personal property.